Everybody wants to make money online, but many are at a loss of legitimate places to start. While I was relatively new to Twitter I was using a company on called SponsoredTweets as a way to earn money. I was easy earning $25 and $50 in one shot and I all I had to do was tweet out what they wanted via my Twtter account. I could say yes or no to the posts before I tweeted them and I was glad they had set it up that way. It was perfect–but then they revamped their system and now I don’t use it anymore because I can’t make heads or tails of it now, but there are still tons of other ways to make money online if you are looking for ways to go from making ZERO to at least something.
1. Every one is taking photos with the cell phones nowadays. With every new cell phone version the cameras are getting sharper and the images clearer. Turn your lovely photos into cash at ShutterStockPhoto.com. They’ve paid out over $300 million to their contributors.
2. You can make money online as a virtual assistant. Browse Upwork.com (formerly Odesk) to find those who are seeking virtual assistant help either full or part time and find your perfect fit.
3. Use Fiverr.com. I love Fiverr because they call their jobs “gigs” and everything starts at $5! You can do everything from Retweet a link on Twitter to your followers or offer a feature on your blog or much more. Go on Fiverr.com and explore what you can offer for $5 and get on there and start charging and making money.
4. User Testing is awesome if you’re looking for some instant money gratification. User Testing pays $10 a pop for testing websites. A test usually takes about 15-20 minutes. The purpose is for a website owner to watch someone, who is new to their site, try to navigate it. The value that the site owner gets by watching an actual user experience is worth a ton, but $10 isn’t a bad pay-out. I’m a business owner and I definitely see the value in that.
5. I’ve recently come across a really fun smartphone app called Roamler that pays you in cash for completing various tasks in your local area. So definitely check that out first if you’re the out and about running errands a lot type. (I just discovered this was UK only) but there are certainly companies in the US too. I read an article on Forbes titled “How I Made $14,000 A Year Mystery Shopping” and the mystery shopper interviewed recommends getting certified for just $10 through MSPA North America, allowing you to gain access to listings.
6.You can sign up or apply for a number of opportunities to be a movie extra. There’s money to be made by being a face in the crowd or assisting with making movies look realistic and the upside is you’ll be building a nice acting resume. Here’s a bunch of info on how to get started.
7. There are a number of companies that will pay you to install their app on your cell phone. And they’ll pay you for every month you keep them installed. Yes, apps collect data from your cell phone and help companies better understand web and mobile usage better — such as what times of day people browse, how long they stay on websites and use apps, and what types of sites and apps are popular (or maybe not so popular) etc.
Media Insiders Panel – If you install their app, they’ll pay you $5/month per device. And you can install the app on up to 3 devices. Plus they’ll send you a $5 bonus after the 12th week. They want a WHOLE LOT OF INFORMATION but annually they’ll pay you a total of $185/year.
8. I’m pretty slow when it comes to this but there are sites that will give you free gift cards just for signing up with them. One of my favorites is Ebates, the cash-back shopping site. They’re giving away $10 gift cards if you sign-up as a new member and earn your first cashback rebate. You can choose either a $10 Target, Walmart, Macy’s, or Kohl’s gift card.
9. Earn $100 by helping a company name themselves. Professional branders aren’t going anywhere, but for small businesses that can’t afford the million dollar price tag, there is a new trend called crowdsourcing that allows businesses to outsource the creative process to people like you and I through “naming contests.” There are hundreds of naming contests on websites like NamingForce.com and SquadHelp.com. The way it works is that nameless businesses list a little information about their company and a prize amount for the person who can come up with the best name. The rewards are anywhere from $50-$500, with the average amount around $100.
10. Sell Your original Instagram photos for profit on Mobile Prints formerly InstaPrints. While you can share your social media photos on Instagram, you can also sell prints of your photos for profit on Instaprints.com and similar sites.
If you know any other legitimate ways to make money feel free to leave a NO SPAM comment below that doesn’t require people to sign up to your MLM and buy a starter package. Thanks.